Marvel’s FCBD offering: INFINITY. Sweet holy Thanos I’m excited!

Marvel’s INFINITY Is COMING!—First Contact At FCBD 2013!

The biggest super heroes in comics today – the Avengers, X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy, Fantastic Four, Inhumans, Superior Spider-Man & more!

The most dangerous threat in the Marvel Universe – Thanos!

The grandest Marvel Comics event of all time - INFINITY!

This May for Free Comic Book Day, prepare yourselves for the greatest battle for survival ever waged in the Marvel Universe as Marvel marches towards Infinity! In this all-new story by the blockbuster creative team of Jonathan Hickman and Jim Cheung, witness the opening shots of the war that will be heard around the galaxy. Plus, get a sneak peek behind a major Marvel release that hasn’t been announced yet and relive Thanos’ first solo story.

With the entire Marvel Universe on the brink of intergalactic war, no fan can miss this year’s Free Comic Book Day!

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2013: INFINITY
Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
Pencils & Cover by JIM CHUENG
ON SALE – MAY 4th, 2013!

Posted in : Misc

7 Comments to “Marvel’s FCBD offering: INFINITY. Sweet holy Thanos I’m excited!”

Add Comments (+)

1. Brian_the_hutt says:

Ooooooooooooooo

2. Emiliano says:

Mmmmm…looks sweet! Can’t wait.

3. jaydee says:

is this going to be Hickman’s first crossover, I wonder? I can’t remember…I hope he nails it…a lot of his stuff tends to bore me

4. Emiliano says:

I think it is his first crossover.

I have to agree with you on Hickman. As you probably know by now, most of his stuff (specially the FF) leaves me cold when I’m done with the story. Yes, it is intelligent, and yes, it is wacky stuff, but there is not much emotion in his stories. All of them have a detached feeling that makes it hard for you to become involved with it, and harder to have a “Holy Shit!!!” superhero moment. He has had them, but not often. Maybe with all the other writers being involved with his concepts this will turn out different. Still…

Reading Hickman’s FF makes me think that Sue Richards probably wanted to kill herself on her honeymoon (out of boredom, not because she saw what Reed was planning to do to her with his powers on their wedding night).

5. Emiliano says:

…on the other hand (taking how I feel about Hickman’s writing), I think I am a bit more excited about the Age of Ultron crossover coming-up. Much as I enjoy seeing Thanos, I think AoU has a greater chance of being the more interesting story. Definitely going to read both. We’ll see.

6. malfunction says:

But the last time I saw Thanos, he was in the cancerverse.
    I’m sure I missed something somewhere.

I dig Hickman specifically because of his tone. I think it fits in well with Brubakers Capt and Waids Daredevil/Spiderman. I enjoyed Secret Warriors too.
    It’s something about the way they take all the insane sciency stuff and the crazy Hydra/AIM groups in the MU and make them almost plausable and more importantly, dangerous.
    I also apprciate that Hickman has never shoe horned a mega cross-over into his books. He is much better at writing events that co-exhist and compliment his titles with charcters moving through events much more naturally. You might lose a few ham fisted ‘oh shit’ moments but you get a better story, IMO.

Anyway,
    I’m right in the middle of the pod cast! Thanks y’all.

7. JD (Host) says:

@Mal: Thanos was around in the first 7 issues of Avengers Assemble…did you read that?

I don’t think I’ve developed the appreciation for Hickman the way some others have…I just find myself having to either force myself to get through his issues, or just give up before I fall asleep, lol..

Though I am enjoying his Avengers run so far…

Glad you’re enjoying the ‘cast!!!