Episode 150!!!! Batman and Robin Annual 1, Adventures

Johnny Destructo, Matt Adler, Ambush Bug and Optimous Douche review this week’s books: Batman and Robin Annual 1, Adventures of Superman 775, Emily and the Strangers, Before Watchmen Dollar Bill, Origin of He-Man 1, Invincible 100, Superior Spider-Man 2!

Also: @$$terpiece Theatre and listener e-mails!

Here is the time chart for each segment of the show, since we have a tendency to ramble:

@$$terpiece Theatre: 9:42
Bat Robs Annual – 11:32
Adv Superman 775 – 18:30
Emily and the Strangers – 26:58
Before Watchmen Dollar Bill – 30:30
Origin of He-Man – 39:51
Invincible 100 – 43:29
Superior Spider-Man 2 – 51:45
Take a listen and then feel free to comment below if you agree or disagree, or email us at info@poptardsgo.com!

DOWNLOAD (right click download and “Save As”)
to listen while you travel away from this site.
Use “Play in a new window” for a mobile PopTards Podcast player. (It may take a couple seconds to load, so give it some time :)

Click on the right arrow (the one on the left side of the player) to listen to this podcast.

or if there are earlier episodes that aren’t listed in the player, feel free to subscribe on iTUNES! Every single delicious episode of PopTards Podcast can be found on iTunes, and every future eppy will automatically download once it is posted!

xoJD!

Posted in : Comics, Podcast
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments to “Episode 150!!!! Batman and Robin Annual 1, Adventures
of Superman 775, Emily and the Strangers, Before Watchmen Dollar Bill, Origin of He-Man 1, Invincible 100, Superior Spider-Man 2”

Add Comments (+)

1. Emiliano says:

One of the many things I liked about ACTION COMICS #775 was that it managed to show what a badass Superman can be under a good writer. He still didn’t kill anyone, but he took on the Elite and handed them their butts in a cold platter…and all of them were powerful enough to hurt or even kill him. I love it when a good writer takes over a (suposedly) “boring” character and makes everyone go “huh!”. Now, if he would just take care of The Authority the same way….

2. jaydee says:

I think the thing that bothered me about this issue though, and I don’t think i mentioned it, was that Superman makes it look like he killed the whole team but didn’t reveal how he used his powers to fool viewers. They rectified this in the animated version though, which I liked..

3. Emiliano says:

It’s a fair point but, as it was, I think they managed to put a LOT of story into one book. The Elite’s conflict with Superman could have been easily stretched into a two or three part story (6 parts for a Trade, if you left it to some writers out there). With all that they managed to include in this issue, even though I DID have the same thought and wished I had seen HOW Superman did it, It didn’t feel like a cop-out in this particular instance. It actually felt, to me at least, that the majority of the explanations (there is some) were left out for lack of space. Overall, I was very satisfied.

…and Superman was one hell of a badass in the issue. If he was like that all the time, Superman would be the first comic book in my read-pile every time.

4. Mr_Satan says:

Eve actually had an abortion, that’s why she got fat. Then she got depressed and started eating. Also if she noticed that because she wasn’t out there doing her super heroics she wasn’t burning enough calories. She said she could make herself skinny again but Mark/Invincible likes her like that.

5. jaydee says:

@E: Agreed, that IS a Superman that I’d like to read more of. He’s just sort of rare. I’m actually really enjoying the H’EL ON EARTH story, are you reading that?

@Mr_Satan: Thanks for the clarification, you’re totally right on all of that, I just forget stuff a lot!
    I like that she’s one of the only girls who looks like that in comics….Optimous Douche is just a jerk.

6. Emiliano says:

@JD: I a loving H’EL ON EARTH. It is not great, but it is definitely the best Superman story out of the NEW52 so far. A badass Superman has been rare for a long time. Maybe Snyder will be able to do something about that.

And I agree with you. Even if I like exploring Superman’s romance with WW, they have turned Lois into such a “Bitka”, that she is hardly recognizable as the same character anymore. Hope they are planning to do something about that soon.

7. Emiliano says:

Hey, guys! Have you seen this? It’s from SuperHeroHype.

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #9

DAN SLOTT (W) • Ryan Stegman (A)
    IT ENDS HERE! “SUPERIOR NO MORE!”
    • The hottest comic in comics comes to a turning point that will get you angrier than you were after Spidey #700!