PopTards Podcast 143: The Hollows 1, Batman 15,

Johnny Destructo, Optimous Douche and Ambush Bug review this week’s books:

The Hollows 1, Batman 15, Batgirl 15, Final Night: 30 Days of Night/ Criminal Macabre 1, To Hell You Ride 1, Avengers Arena, Cable and X-force1!!

Also: listener e-mail and @$$terpiece Theatre!

Here is the time chart for each segment of the show, since we have a tendency to ramble!
The Hollows 1 – 07:01
Batman 15 – 12:04
Batgirl 15 – 20:30
Final Night : 30 Days of Night/ Criminal Macabre – 30:27
To Hell You Ride 1 – 38:47
Avengers Arena 1 – 46:08
Cable and X-force 1 – 01:02:04

Take a listen and then feel free to comment below if you agree or disagree, or email us at info@poptardsgo.com!

DOWNLOAD (right click download and “Save As”)
to listen while you travel away from this site.
Use “Play in a new window” for a mobile PopTards Podcast player. (It may take a couple seconds to load, so give it some time :)

Click on the right arrow (the one on the left side of the player) to listen to this podcast.

or if there are earlier episodes that aren’t listed in the player, feel free to subscribe on iTUNES! Every single delicious episode of PopTards Podcast can be found on iTunes, and every future eppy will automatically download once it is posted!

xoJD!

Posted in : Comics, Podcast
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments to “PopTards Podcast 143: The Hollows 1, Batman 15,
Batgirl 15, Final Night: 30 Days of Night/ Criminal Macabre 1, To Hell You Ride 1, Avengers Arena, Cable and X-force1!”

Add Comments (+)

1. JRC says:

@ ‘bug: Aparently, one of the reasons Simone has been having trouble at DC is that her story about how Barbra got her legs working again was being continually delayed by DC, the whole story was written but wasn’t being accepted because of … crossovers? Or editorial just don’t care about addressing the elephant in the room.

2. Emiliano says:

The Joker knew where Gordon had his llast pack of cigarettes becuse he had been sleeping under Gordon’s bed, listening to him and his wife at night! I tell you, I have been reading comics for over forty years. Seen the Joker go from goofy to crazy to psychipathic killer, but I have NEVER seen the Joker being this creepy. I think they have actually made the Joker into a REALLY scary character for the first time in Batman’s history. I can not wait to see how this one will turn out, but I have to say that I am going to be sorry when it ends. One thing, I do hope they do not end on a bad note, like the KILLING JOKE did for me (still consider it one of the major cop-outs in comic book history, after such a good story preceeded it). They truly need to end this with a bang. Here’s hoping.

3. Emiliano says:

…aaand PLEASE forgive the typos above. (Wow! I must not be awake yet!)

4. Emiliano says:

Hey, guys! You see this?

GAIL SIMONE BACK ON BATGIRL!
    Writer announces she’s back on the book.
    by Joey EspositoDecember 21, 2012Remember the outrage and confusion that resulted from DC’s firing of Gail Simone from Batgirl? Turns out DC listened. Simone just tweeted this:

GailSimone @GailSimone – Here’s a thing. Gail Simone is the new Batgirl writer. :)
    21 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite GailSimone @GailSimone

I am driving a snow road, cell is about to cut out, but THANK YOU DC for this privilege and THANK YOU everyone who wanted this to happen!
    21 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite GailSimone @GailSimone

Also? NOT A HOAX.
    21 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite GailSimone @GailSimone

Dudes. I KNOW. #headExplodes
    21 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

5. jaydee says:

@Em: what didn’t you like about the end of Killing Joke? I loved it.

…and YES!!!!!! Thanks for letting us know! I had no idea about it until you mentioned it! I’m super stoked that fan response has had a POSITIVE effect for once, lol!

6. Emiliano says:

JD – No kidding!!! It was awesome to read that Simone was back in charge. I would LOVE to find out what happened behind the curtain, but I’m happy enough that she is back on the title. Even more if our (and every fan’s out there) reaction helped DC with the decision.

As for THE KILLING JOKE – sorry man, but even though I also loved the book (Alan Moore really can do wonders when he puts his mind to it), the ending left me cold, and a little bit angry. As a short story (One Shot, Special issue separated from continuity, etc) it would have been fine, but as part of the Batman Family continuity, the ending left me feeling like Moore didn’t know where to go with the story. Batman laughing at the Joker’s joke it’s a Twilight-Zonish way of ending the story, but after the horrors and pain had just put Barbara (physically) and her father (psychologically), two people who (other than Dick) are about the closest to Batman there is, it felt that Moore trivialized their pain with this ending. With his laughter, he acknowledge Joker is crazy and there is not a damn thing he can do about it, fine, but there is no way I can see the actual character (justice and vengeance, the bastard son of Zorro) laughing WITH the Joker so soon after all the pain and suffering he had caused. It really spoiled the book for me.